Anti Rust VCI Strip for Pipes - Cortec CorroLogic Tube Strips
- Protects pipes with inside diameters up to 6 inches.
- Anti Rust Strip. Protects even in presence of salt, moisture, H2S, SO2, NH3.
- Cut to match the length of the pipe and place inside. Cap or seal ends.
- Contains VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors) impregnated in the strip.
- Provides protection during shipping or storage.
Cortec® CorroLogic® Tube Strips protect the interior of tubes or pipes against corrosion without expensive internal coatings. The flexible strips are extruded from low density polyethylene and contain Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors for protection of ferrous and non ferrous metals and alloys.
Recommended only for pipe diameters up to 6 inches (15.2 cm). For pipes with inside diameters greater than 6 inches other products such as VpCI®-609 would be suitable.
The flexible strip has a 1/3 inch diameter (8.5 mm) and comes a on reel. Each reel contains 500 ft (152 m) of strip.
How to Use:
Make sure the pipe is clean and dry. CorroLogic® Tube Strips should be placed inside the tube or pipe, which is then capped or sealed. The length of Strips should equal the length of the pipe. Within hours, the vapors from the Strip saturate the enclosed air space. Even in presence of high humidity conditions, the VCI protects the metal surface avoiding rust.
Used to prevent rust on pipes and tubes made from carbon steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, copper and alloys, brass and stainless steel with inside diameters up to 6 inches (15.2 cm) during shipping or storage.